Monday, March 20, 2023

SUMMARY OF THE MAMMAL GROUPS IN MY RECENT POSTS

 Over the past several months, I have reviewed the morphology (including dental characteristics) and geologic history of many of the major groups of fossil mammals. I did this because I know that many undergraduate geology students these days are seldom taught about the interesting up-to-date details concerning these very interesting groups. I hope that you found the information informative and useful.

In order to summarize where and when these fossil mammals originated, I plotted  the world-view summary shown below.  

To get an overview of the migratory routes used during the Cenozoic, it would be helpful if you examined at the first two posts again concerning overviews of Beringa 1, 2, and 3, as well as the GABI Event). These were routes available at different times for each of these mammal groups.




No comments:

Post a Comment